Decluttering and Home Staging Quick Reference Links:
Self Storage Decluttering Options | Room By Room Decluttering Punchlist | List Of Items To Declutter | Decluttering | Staging Your Home | Cedar Closet Storage
Decluttering and Home Staging In Bedford
Listing your home for sale? Then decluttering and home staging it are a great way to get started. Bedford Self Storage was our very first self storage facility. We opened back in 1997. Today it one of more than a dozen Westchester Self Storage facilities throughout the county. We’ve refined a process that eliminates the stress of getting the excess items from your house.
Door-To-Store is a service that can help you move your items into a unit without having to ask family and friends for help.
An alternative to our standard storage units is our climate controlled storage units. By providing a moderated temperature throughout the year, the contents of the unit are from extreme temperature fluctuations. Temperature sensitive items will be stored in a protected environment.
Our Self Storage Experts are standing by to assist you with decluttering and home staging references . . .
Call us today (914) 241-7070
Family Room / Den
- Clean, dust and polish: cabinets, furniture, TV’s and electronics
- Check surge protectors and battery backups need to be checked
- Clean in and around toilet, sink, shower and tub
- Throw out old soaps, shampoos, medicine and cleaners
- Clean behind washer, dryer and clean vents and traps
- Throw out old detergents and cleaners
- Place non-seasonal linen and bedding into storage
- Torn linens can be made into rags or discarded
- Clean and polish: cabinets, furniture and components
- Items not in use should be placed into self storage
- Organize tools, sporting equipment and supplies
- Seasonal items not in season placed into storage
- Throw out expired cleaners and food
- Clean out refrigerator and freezer
- Place into storage the dishes you no longer
- Throw away old utensils and chipped mugs
Workspace / Home Office
- Clean and dust: cabinets, desk and drawers
- Restock necessary supplies
- Shred sensitive papers
- Place prior year records into self storage
- Place seasonal clothes, shoes, blankets into storage
- Clean and dust drawers, dressers & nightstands
- Check surge protectors & battery back ups
- Clean rugs, carpets and floors
- Winter Jackets
- Winter Gloves
- Winter shoes
- Heavy blankets
- Photo Albums
- Computers not being used
- Playstation and Xbox
- File boxes
- Storage Bins
- Decorative items
- Sporting equipment
- Gardening supplies
- Off season items
The process of removing excess fro,m your home is a simple one, as long as you get organized. Start in one room and finish. Then move onto the next room. Some of the supplies you’ll need include: storage bins, garbage bags, labels and a felt tip marker. Get in the habit of putting things away after you use them. This prevents clutter. With the change of each season, there is a great excuse to declutter items you won’t be using for a while by placing them into a storage unit, standard or climate controlled as needs dictate.
Home staging involves decorating your home to to make it more appealing to potential buyers and is very often done by companies that specialize in home staging. Many realtors work with and recommend these service providers to sell your home faster.
Why Should I Stage My Home?
Attracting buyers and getting them to make offers, particularly in Westchester County, where the competition for buyer’s is high requires extra effort for your home to stand apart from competing properties. Often selling a home “as is” just isn’t realistic.
What Will Home Staging Do For Me?
- It can result in your home selling faster
- You can receive higher offers
- Staging can help your home to stand out
- It makes photos of your home better
If you have furniture or gym equipment you’re not using, place them in a self storage unit near me. Presenting your home as clutter free helps potential buyers visualize themselves living there.
The International Association of Home Staging Professionals reports on the benefits of staging homes for sale.
You can read more about the results of a National Association of Realtors survey conducted in 2015
A Cedar Closet Storage Room For Rent
Cedar Closet for rent!
Now it’s possible to rent a cedar closet storage unit for all your seasonal clothes and delicates. Our onsite experts will assist you. Visit our Cedar Closets Rooms in Tarrytown
FIND THE PERFECT UNIT Today
Our Team Is Standing By Ready To Assist You